Air pollution occurs when harmful substances including particulates and biological molecules are introduced into Earth’s atmosphere. It may cause diseases, allergies or death of humans; it may also cause harm to other living organisms such as animals and food crops, and may damage the natural or built environment. Human activity and natural processes can both generate air pollution.
In a report carried out by the European Environment Agency, air pollution from fine particulate matter alone is responsible for over 1,000 premature deaths each year in Ireland..
Indoor air pollution and poor urban air quality are listed as two of the world’s worst toxic pollution problems in the 2008 Blacksmith Institute World’s Worst Polluted Places report.
Verde Environmental Consultants provides a wide range of environmental air quality monitoring and management services, including:
- Licence compliance monitoring.
- Commissioning of a new plant or processes.
- Occupational exposure monitoring for noise.
- Contaminated site investigation or remediation monitoring.
- Baseline monitoring for environmental impact assessments.
- Industrial and community complaint or nuisance assessment.
- Occupational exposure monitoring for vapours, dusts and aerosols.
- Environmental and occupational management of construction projects.
Verde can provide for either short-term representative sampling or long–term monitoring depending on project types. More up to date monitoring options involve the installation of continuous air monitoring equipment connected by telemetry to a remote desktop. Verde can set up options for text or email alerts to be received when certain “trigger” levels are exceeded. All data will be stored in a cloud based database where real–time data access will enable prompt resolution of any potential non-compliances, as well providing proof to regulators or other stakeholders that the required standards are being complied with.
Verde will provide you with independent and impartial expertise and will ensure that the most appropriate and cost-effective monitoring approach is taken to match your specific requirements. We will help you:
- Develop a monitoring scope to meet your specific needs.
- Provide advice on environmental and planning legislative requirements.
- Mitigate environmental and human health liability risks.
- Liaise with regulators, legal/ insurance professionals, public and relevant stakeholders.