Verde Remediation Services successfully completed the following sample of residential remediation programmes:
Location: Co. Donegal
Duration: 6 Months
Problem: Crack in Oil Tank
- Release of approximately 1,000 litres of kerosene from oil tank which was located 5 metres from the house.
- Oil smell noticed in the toilet closest to spill zone.
- Carried out a full site investigation.
- Implemented a comprehensive bioremediation treatment programme to reduce contamination.
- Validation that works had been successful was confirmed through soil sampling and analysis and air quality testing.
The areas were then reinstated to the satisfaction of the property owner.
Location: Co. Limerick
Duration: 2 Months
Problem: Oil leak in Kitchen
- Release of 300 litres of home heating oil from boiler.
- This oil leak caused significant impact to the kitchen, sections of dining room, hallway and living room.
- The concrete subfloors, rising walls and sub soils were affected and there was a strong smell of oil.
- Comprehensive site investigation carried out.
- Removal of contaminated materials such as kitchen units and suspended floors.
- Excavation of contaminated concrete, underling sub soils and masonry.
- Structural works carried out.
- Treatment of residual contamination in concrete, masonry and underlying sub soils.
- In-situ reinstatement works. Validation that works had been successful was confirmed through soil sampling and analysis and air quality testing.
- The areas were then reinstated to the satisfaction of the property owner.