Oil Spill Remediation Services – Oil leak damage from neighbours tank
- Loss of 4,000 litres of oil.
- 80% of rear garden impacted by the oil spill.
- 145 tonnes of impacted soil.
- Hydrocarbon impact on the structure of the house from oil migration.
- Off-site migration to all directions- extending beyond these points due to the high levels of groundwater and the large volumes of oil apparently lost.
- Groundwater and (via drains or sewerage pipes) surface waters impacted.
Verde’s Remediation Programme
- Sumps and trenches dug to assist in removing free oil and stop oil migration.
- Remediation equipment used to separate the free oil from the oily water and to filter the remaining oily water before discharge.
- Contaminated soil excavated and removed.
- Inoculation pipework was installed along the sides of the excavation to assist in the treatment of residual contamination.
- A bentonite barrier was installed to restrict migration of any further oil or water from the neighbouring property.
- Specialised treatment solutions were applied to the inoculation pipework, base and sides of the excavation to treat residual contamination at depth.
- On completion of remediation programme, a new wall was built, topsoil spread, a stone patio laid and new lawn laid.
Please follow and like us: