Oil Spill Remediation Services – Leaking oil meter from a non OFTEC compliant oil tank
- Loss of 200 litres of kerosene.
- Strong smell of oil in the rear garden.
- Oil leaked over patio and sections of the rear lawn area.
Verde’s Remediation & Reinstatement Programme
- Temporary removal of oil tank.
- Boiler unit removed and replaced with a temporary boiler.
- Temporary heating supply set up to the rear of the garden for the duration of the works.
- Contaminated soil and fill material in the back garden was excavated and removed.
- Recovery sumps installed in the base of the excavation area.
- Oily water pumped out and treated in a system which included an Oil Water Separator (OWS) and Granular Activated Carbon (GAC) unit.
- A granular sub base was added to the base of the excavation area to aid drainage within the excavation.
- Inoculation pipework were advanced in the sides of the excavation area, where specialised remediation solutions were applied to treat residual contamination.
Please follow and like us: