Oil Spill Remediation Services – Leak from Oil Tank Filter Bowl
- Very strong oil odours throughout the entire house.
- Free oil found in the hallway, see photos 7-8.
- Contamination externally to soils beneath the boiler house and along a large section of the rear wall of the house.
- Contamination internally to ground floor rooms.
- Contamination running through heating pipes in the concrete floor towards the back boiler in the sitting room.
- Migration of the oil throughout a large area beneath the property.
Verde’s Remediation Programme
- Installation of an automated pump and treat system to recover free oil on perched water beneath the property.
- Removal of the boiler.
- Break out, remove and dispose of impacted floor to the boiler house and excavate of underlying impacted soil/fill from beneath the boiler house.
- Break out, remove and dispose of concrete apron along a section of the rear wall of the house and excavation of underlying impacted soil/fill down to top of foundations.
- Removal of bathroom sanitary ware.
- Removal of built in storage units in the affected rooms.
- Break out, remove and dispose of downstairs floors.
- Excavation of subsoils down to top of foundations.
- Removal and/or treatment of affected blockwork in rising walls.
- Continued use of a pump and treat system to recovery oily water.
- Implementation of a bioremediation programme to treat residual impact to the sides and base of the excavations, which cannot be feasibly excavated.
- Blockwork replacement and application of specialised sealer to rising blockwork.
- Installation of Radon pipes and sumps and retrofitting of Radon barrier.
Please follow and like us: