IPPC Compliance Support Services, Environmental Assessments
Quinn Group, Nationwide
The Quinn Group was established in 1973 and today it operates a number of sites including Cement manufacturing, Packaging manufacturing, landfill, power generation quarry sites.
Verde provide the Quinn Group with Environmental Consultancy and Advisory services associated with their IPPC licensed operations and other environmentally sensitive sites. Recently we have been working with a number of their IPPC licensed sites providing compliance assessments and reporting as per the requirements of the EPA.
Verde Group’s role on the project
Verde assisted IIE in the following areas:
- Hydrogeological Assessment of IPC licensed Quinn Cement site. The site has permission to accept Solid Recovered Fuel (SRF) for co-firing in their manufacturing process and so a hydrogeological review was undertaken which included contamination source mapping and hydrogeological and geological mapping. A scope of works has been agreed with the Agency and further investigation to be carried out in early 2014 prior to SRF processing on site.
- Firewater Retention Risk Assessment of Quinn Cement Site.
- Environmental Liability Risk Assessment (ELRA) and Closure, Restoration and Aftercare Management Plan (CRAMP) for Quinn Cement Site.
- Update of ELRA and CRAMP for Quinn Therm IPPC Licensed manufacturing site.
- Appropriate Assessment for IPPC Licensed 450 MW Power Plant in Co. Louth
- Surface water survey to assess contamination issues at a number of Quinn Quarry sites.
- On an on-going basis Verde provide IPPC support services to ensure the Groups sites is in compliance with their license and the relevant regulations to reduce the companies’ liability.