Irish Industrial Explosives Ltd, Co. Meath, Ireland
Established in 1964 IIE are Ireland’s sole manufacturer of explosives for the quarry, mining and civil engineering sectors. Their manufacturing site in Co. Meath operates under an IPPC License from the EPA.
Verde provide IIE with Environmental Consultancy and Advisory services associated with their IPPC licensed operation. Recently we have been working with IIE on assessment and management of legacy issues on site in order to reduce liability and ensure regulatory compliance.
Verde Group’s role on the project
Verde assisted IIE in the following areas:
- Hydrogeological Investigation including review of previous environmental data, replacing all groundwater wells across the site, refining conceptual site model and groundwater risk assessment.
- Unregulated Waste Risk Assessment following the EPA Code of Practice. Waste maps, cross-sections and regional geological and hydrogeological maps were compiled. Reports prepared for the client and regulator.
- Regular environmental monitoring (groundwater, surface water, noise and bund testing) and reporting as per their IPPC license requirements (including AER).
- Surface water survey to assess contamination issues across site at the request of the regulator.
- Environmental review of site incorporating all available data sources (internal and external). Report prepared for group management.
- Completed a Detailed Quantitative Risk Assessment for a area of the site in accordance with the EPA guidelines.
- On an on-going basis Verde provide IPC support services to ensure the site is in compliance with their license and the relevant regulations to reduce the companies’ liability.