This project involved the application/ update of Janssen’s existing EPA licence to bring it into compliance with the provisions of the industrial Emissions Directive (IED) and associated regulations in Ireland.
The project included the incorporation into the licence a number of technical amendment applications made to the EPA between 2008 and 2014 which included changes to the surface water management system, air emission infrastructure and the installation of the wind turbine at the site.
Verde role in the project
- Review of existing EPA Licence Compliance Status;
- Gap analysis review of existing EPA licence conditions and operations on site;
- Review and update of planning documents associated with the site;
- Incorporation of the detail of the three technical amendments into a new Licence application;
- BAT audit of all operations as required under new IED requirements and consultation with Janssen to incorporate the changes on site since original construction in 2005;
- Examination of raw materials, intermediates and products on site and assessment of their risk potential in accordance with up-to date chemicals regulations and environmental protection regulations;
- Preparation of Baseline Report as required under new IED requirements;
- Completion of IE Application to the EPA.