Verde Remediation Services are seeking an Environmental Scientist / Engineer (Remediation) to develop, implement and finalise remediation projects on time and within budget. The role will include the assessment of contaminated sites, undertaking remediation options appraisals, and the development and implementation of remediation design.
The successful candidate is expected to have sufficient technical knowledge and must be able to demonstrate strong organisational and time management skills. Relationship management and client satisfaction is a key requirement during projects, including regular interaction with the Client, designated representative or interested third parties.
In order to be effective in the position, the candidate will ideally have:
- An Environmental Science or Engineering Degree or similar.
- 2 years practical experience in the contaminated land environment.
- Experience in working with multiple discipline projects.
- Experience in understanding environmental issues & their resolution (e.g. contaminated land remediation) will be a distinct advantage.
- Understanding of the built environment, including construction details.
- Practical, on-the-ground knowledge of working sites.
- Excellent science and IT skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Good team-working skills.
- Confident decision-making ability.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The ability to work within budgets and to deadlines.
- The ability to react to work and project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- A good knowledge of relevant legal regulations.
- Patience and the ability to deal with people.
- A strong belief in high quality service delivery.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Typical duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Phase I and II Assessment, including site assessment reporting.
- Preparation & administration of the project scopes.
- Liaising with Field Teams to ensure successful implementation of project scopes.
- Developing project-specific procedures for the work to be carried out.
- Ensuring all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed.
- Maintaining regular contact with assigned project clients and interested third parties.
- Participating in Client/contractor/third party meetings and resolving client, remediation and management project issues.
- Budget monitoring.
The role will be based in the west of Ireland and will generally be performed in an office environment. The role will require travel and visits to clients’ offices, industrial and remediation job sites.
Complete the Application Form with your contact details, job reference number VRS.2018.001, job title, cover letter and CV
Closing date for applications is 25th May 2018.