Verde Remediation Services Ltd is seeking an Environmental Project Scientist / Engineer.
Verde Remediation Services is a high quality service provider in the remediation of contaminated land. Our typical clients include all major insurers, oil companies, legal firms, local authorities and private individuals.
Verde is highly attuned to the prompt and efficient delivery of our services to our clients and we are currently seeking a service-oriented and motivated individual to fill the position of Project Scientist / Engineer. The role is likely to span across several different sectors of our business, although will be primarily focused in the execution and management of contaminated land remediation projects.
The Environmental Scientist/Engineer, in consultation with Project Directors, is expected to develop, implement and finalise remediation projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This will include the assessment of contaminated sites, undertaking remediation options appraisals and the development and implementation of remediation design. The Environmental Scientist/Engineer will also help to develop and execute remediation projects’ objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
The successful candidate is expected to have good technical knowledge and project management skills. An ability to demonstrate strong organisational and time management skills is essential. Relationship management and client satisfaction is a key requirement during projects, including regular interaction with the Client, designated representative or interested third parties.
In order to be effective in the position, the candidate will ideally have:
- An Environmental Science or Engineering Degree or similar
- 2 years practical experience in the contaminated land environment
- Experience in working with multiple discipline projects
- Experience in understanding environmental issues & their resolution (e.g. contaminated land remediation) will be a distinct advantage
- Understanding of the built environment, including construction details
- Practical, on-the-ground knowledge of working sites
- Excellent science and IT skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Good teamworking skills
- Confident decision-making ability
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to work within budgets and to deadlines
- The ability to react to work and project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently
- A good knowledge of relevant legal regulations
- Patience and the ability to deal with people
- A strong belief in high quality service delivery
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Phase I and II Assessment
- Preparation & administration of the project scope in consultation with Project Directors
- Liaising with Field Teams to ensure successful implementation of the project scope
- Developing project-specific procedures for the work to be carried out
- Ensuring all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed
- Maintaining regular contact with assigned project clients and interested third parties
- Participating in Client/contractor/third party meetings and resolving client, remediation and management project issues in consultation with Project Directors
- Budget monitoring
- Working with management to prepare Projects Plans
- Support Marketing and Business Development activities as required
- Aid in the preparation of Project Status & relevant reports for Management reviews
The role will generally be performed in an office environment, but will require travel and visits to clients’ offices, industrial and remediation job sites and there is flexibility in the role to allow for remote/home working at times.
Complete the Application Form with your contact details, job reference number VRS.2017.SE.001, job title, cover letter and CV
Closing date for applications is 3rd October 2017.