Verde provide dewatering services to construction projects where there is a requirement to pump, treat and dispose of waters offsite, allowing for works to be carried out in a safe, dry and environmentally compliant manner. High groundwater levels and surface water run off generally need to be pumped to a suitable treatment system, from where it is treated and monitored prior to discharge.
Verde’s design and scope of an individual site dewatering plan will depend on several factors including:
- Site area, setting & elevation.
- Groundwater levels.
- Underlying overburden & geology.
- Presence or absence of a continuous secant or pile wall.
- Depth and location of deepest construction level.
- Rate of groundwater inflows.
- Presence of contaminated areas (both on and off-site).
- Discharge licence conditions for the site.
With the above factors in mind, it is essential that site dewatering is planned and implemented professionally, in order to avoid construction delays, potential structural instability and water quality compliance breaches.
- Discharge licence application, desk studies and expert opinion.
- Dewatering system design and dewatering report writing.
- Drilling of abstraction / dewatering / recharge / monitoring wells.
- Equipment hire (pumps, hosing, cabling, settlement tanks, etc).
- System installation, maintenance & decommissioning.
- Sludge disposal.
- Treatment of pH and suspended solids.
- Treatment of fuel spills, oil, creosote & other contaminants.
- Water sampling, laboratory analysis and reporting.
- Live data monitoring from site of water quality parameters & monitored alarm systems.
Dewatering Capability Document
Read about how Verde’s water services provide a one stop shop from assessment to commissioning and verification.
For more information or to request a quote: