We ask that you read this document carefully because it contains important information about how we collect and use your Personal Data, in terms of both transparency and security.
Verde Environmental Group Ltd (including its affiliates and subsidiaries) referred to in this document as Verde is committed to maintaining your privacy in the course of all its activities. The purpose of this document is to explain the range of measures that we take to protect your privacy, and provides information about how we collect, use, share and store data including your Personal Data (see definition below) which is gathered as a result of the various services and activities that arise as a result of the relationship(s) we have entered into with you.
To start with it is important you understand what is the information we collect and process that is covered by this policy. For further information on your privacy rights within the EU please visit www.gdprandyou.ie.
A. What We Mean by “Personal Data”
“Personal Data” means any information (this would include information specific to the natural subject or other information when gathered together) relating to an identified or identifiable natural subject who is living; an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a first and last name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Verde gather this information from various sources including: email address, a home, postal or other physical address, other contact information (including information discoverable via access to your mobile device’s operating system), and other information, including information that you submit to or save within the Verde Services.
B. The Purpose for holding your Personal Data.
Verde confirm that they will only obtain, collect and process your Personal Data which is consistent with the stated purposes as set out below. Such Personal Data shall only be kept for as long as the stated purposes to which such data apply. Such Personal Data shall be kept in accordance with the company’s Data Retention Policy. However, in certain limited circumstances your Personal Data may be retained as required by statutory law.
We collect and use information to provide the following services:
- To undertake advertising, marketing, direct marketing and public relation exercises.
- To provide the environmental consultancy and/or remediation services that you have requested or have been requested on your behalf.
- To perform accounting and other record-keeping functions.
- To provide personnel, payroll and pension administration services
We do log your IP address (the Internet address of your computer or network) to give us an idea of which parts of our website you visit and how long you spend there. This information is useful for us as regards how to improve our website design and layout and to provide improved services and products to you. It is also useful for us as regards understanding the geographical markets for our products and services. Verde does not link your IP address to any Personal Data.
At the time of purchase on our website, you will be asked whether you want to receive certain information by way of an explicit opt in box. If you agree you will be contacted by email. You may at any time opt out of this by visiting this link https://www.verde.ie/verde-opt-out-form. In order to send you this information (if you agree) it will be necessary to hold certain Personal Data relating to you. At present we use MailChimp, a well known third party service, to send this information to you if you choose to receive it. If you no longer want to receive such information you may also send a request to the company (see contact details at paragraph F below) and we will delete your Personal Data that we hold for that specified purpose.
You may also choose to receive information on our products and services and up to date news via our submission form by giving us your email. We may use one or more service providers to administer these messages. At present our third party service provider for this service is MailChimp.
You may at any time chose to opt out of receiving these email messages by visiting this link: https://www.verde.ie/verde-opt-out-form.
While you are a user of the Verde Services it will be necessary to hold your Personal Data for the limited purpose of providing our services to you. Once you cease to use the Verde Services on a permanent basis, any Personal Data held by us will be in accordance with the company’s Data Retention Policy.
C. Tracking Technology.
D. Personal Information Sharing and Disclosure.
Your Personal Data is never shared outside the Verde Services without your permission, except under certain limited conditions explained below. Bear in mind that Verde cannot be held responsible for your own disclosure of Personal Data, whether accidental or intentional.
Verde may send your Personal Data to other companies or people under any of the following circumstances:
- When we have your explicit and informed consent to share your personal data. An example of this would be when you sign up to receive up to date information on our new products and services when you purchase Verde Services; you may opt out of this at any time by contacting us.
- When we need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested as part of our responsibilities and obligations under the contract we have with you. We rely for example on vendors, service providers and technicians who provide services as regards the provision of certain services relating to the project that we are completing for you and the processing and storage of Personal Data and with the monitoring of our servers for technical problems. In order to provide the Vere Services it is necessary at times to provide your Personal Data for specific purposes to these third parties in order to ensure you receive satisfactory services as agreed between you and us when you purchased the Verde Services or when these services have been purchased on your behalf. The access to and the use of your Personal Data is only for these purposes. Examples of third parties include a drilling subcontractor who may need to hold your name and address details to complete certain work at your site. Another example would be MailChimp who provide marketing services. As regards any transfer of Personal Data to our cloud provider this will only be on the basis of a data processing agreement.
- When you have told us to send the information to other individuals on your behalf.
- If the company is sold: if a sale or transfer of the company occurs your Personal Data may be part of the assets sold or transferred.
No Personal Data is transferred outside the EEA and Switzerland (European Economic Area which is all the EU Member States + Lichtenstein, Norway and Iceland). All your Personal Data is kept on servers within the EU. If a lawful request is made to transfer Personal Data outside the EEA or Switzerland for the purposes of law enforcement and national security Verde may be required by law to transfer such Personal Data; in this situation Verde will carry out all reasonable technical endeavours to ensure your data is appropriately protected. If there are transfers of Personal Data to the US in response to a legal process and lawful request, Verde will seek to comply with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-US Privacy Shield Framework (currently in place).
The only situation where your Personal Data may form part of an asset is if Verde was sold or acquired. Under no other circumstances is your Personal Data sold or rented to a third party.
We at Verde acknowledge the importance of ensuring your Personal Data is kept safe and secure while under our control. Verde employ the most appropriate physical and technical measures in light of the state of technological development, including staff training and awareness in the area of data security. Verde along with our technical support review on a regular basis these measures to ensure that your Personal Data is kept as safe and secure as reasonably possible.
F. Enforcing Your Data Protection Rights
Access to your Personal Data
If you wish to know what Personal Data we hold on you and for what purpose we hold such information or if you simply wish to amend, update or delete such information please contact: Data Protection in writing at the address below. Please provide sufficient details which can help us locate and identify the Personal Data which you are requesting, e.g. previous addresses, project numbers etc. In most cases there is no charge made by us for providing this information. This is known as making a request for access to your Personal Data. We will endeavour to ensure that your personal details are up to date but your help would be appreciated to ensure that your information is accurate.
Verde Environmental Group Limited, E7 Network Enterprise Park, Kilcoole, Co. Wicklow, A63 KV04, Ireland.
Data Protection Commissioner, Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, Co. Laois, R32 AP23
Tel: + 353 (0) 761 104800
Effective as of 25. May. 2018