- Landfill Directive (1999/31/EC, as amended by Directive 2011/97/EU), which addresses the presence of toxic substances resulting from a land-filling operation;
- Environmental Liability Directive (2004/35/EC, as amended by Directive 2013/30/EU), which requests liable operators to undertake the necessary preventative and remedial action for a range of polluting activities; and
- Industrial Emissions Directive (IED) (2010/75/EU), which aims to ensure that the operation of an industrial installation does not lead to deterioration in the quality of the soil.
- EPA Draft Guidance Note on Soil Recovery Waste Acceptance Criteria
- Air Quality Framework Directive (2008/50/EC
- Industrial Emissions Directive (2010/75/EU)
- National Emission Ceilings Directive (2016/2284/EU)
- Water Framework Directive (2000/60/EC, as amended by Directive 2014/101/EU);
- Groundwater Directive (2006/118/EC, as amended by Directive 2014/80/EU); and
- Directive on Environmental Quality Standards (Water Policy) (2008/105/EC, as amended by Directive 2013/39/EU).
- European Communities Environmental Objectives (Groundwater) Regulations.
- Draft revision of the 2016 Code of Practice for the Chemical Agents Regulations
- The Medium Combustion Plants (MCP) Directive (EU) 2015/2193