- There were 12,541 planning applications received during 2018/19, a 3% decrease from the previous financial year. This comprised 12,404 local and 137 major applications.
- During 2018/19, 12,156 planning applications were decided, a decrease of over 1% from the previous financial year.
- In 2018/19 it took, on average, 14.8 weeks to process local applications to decision or withdrawal. This was within the 15 week target and represented an improvement of 0.4 weeks from the previous financial year. Individually, five of the 11 councils met the 15 week target in 2018/19.
- The average processing time for major applications was 59 weeks across all councils in 2018/19, almost double the 30 week target and an increase of almost nine weeks from the previous financial year. Individually, three councils met the 30 week target in 2018/19.
- Four in every five (81%) enforcement cases were concluded within 39 weeks in 2018/19; 11 percentage points higher than the statutory target of 70% and four percentage points higher than the rate for the previous financial year. Individually 9 of the 11 Councils met the target in 2018/19.
Source – Department for Infrastructure