Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport, Shane Ross TD, has published the Aircraft Noise (Dublin Airport) Regulation Bill, 2018 which appoints a new independent noise regulator – Fingal County Council.
Minister Ross said: “The new regulator will be responsible for applying EU law to airport noise management. It will have enforcement powers to ensure that the DAA complies with noise management requirements. There will be extensive public consultation and an appeals process.”
The Bill provides that the DAA will be legally required to comply with whatever noise management measures the new regulator deems necessary. Minister Ross added: “Considering the importance of Dublin airport to our connectivity, business and tourism, particularly in the context of Brexit, I would hope there will be cross party support for this vital Bill.”
Source – Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport
Verde Environmental Consultants can provide our clients with the necessary technical expertise and experience to design noise monitoring programmes to measure noise levels in relation to EPA, IPC / IE licensing, or planning permission-specified limits.
Occupational noise monitoring is also required for some operations to protect staff and ensure compliance with Health and Safety regulations.
Our noise monitoring & acoustic related services include:
- Community noise measurement and complaint response.
- Noise impact assessments for planning applications.
- Measurement and assessment of occupational noise exposure.
- Predictive modelling and design of noise reduction strategies.
- Construction and operational noise management.
- Specialist guidance on noise standards and publications; ISO 1996, BS4142, BS 8233, ISO EN 61400-11, ETSU-R-97 etc.