Senior Environmental Scientist, Kilcoole. VEC.2020.SESK.002
Verde Environmental Consultants Ltd (Verde) has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Environmental Scientist to join our rapidly growing team of consultants working from our Head Office based at Kilcoole, County Wicklow.
Verde is a rapidly growing Irish environmental company with over 50 employees and an established network of Irish offices in Kilcoole (Wicklow), Cork, Galway and Mayo. Verde has exciting and ambitious growth plans which are based on strong foundations of a quality brand developed by a talented team of environment, safety and risk specialists possessing a broad range of skills and experience. Verde develops technical and business-focussed solutions with an emphasis on quality, safe operations, environmental sustainability and ensuring a successful outcome for our clients.
Environmental Consulting serving a wide range of clients in the industrial, pharmaceutical, construction, property development, waste management and commercial sectors.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparing and reviewing varied technical reports for a range of companies, environmental agencies and government bodies.
- Preparing project proposals and quotations.
- Project budget management.
- Conducting/managing fieldwork – e.g. site inspection audits, site investigation and monitoring (soil, groundwater, surface water, noise etc.).
- Interpreting fieldwork data – statistical analysis and comparison with relevant guidelines and legislative standards.
- Supervision and mentoring of junior staff.
- Liaising with clients, landowners and statutory consultees.
- Liaising with consultants and sub-contractors and various third-party contributors to projects.
Education, Experience and Memberships:
- Relevant degree in Environmental Science or Engineering.
- 5+ years’ work experience in environmental consultancy or comparable industry setting.
- Good project management experience.
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Full, clean Driving Licence.
- Related post-graduate qualification.
- Strong technical knowledge of soil waste management and contaminated land site risk assessment.
- Membership/accreditation with a relevant professional body/institute (IGI, IEI or CIWM or equivalent).
- Competitive – depending on experience.
- Accommodation and expenses as per the company travel policy.
- Company Vehicle (subject to meeting approval criteria)
Complete the Application Form with your contact details, job reference number VEC.2020.SESK.002, job title, cover letter and CV
Closing date for applications is 28th February 2020.