Verde Remediation Services Ltd is seeking a Senior Environmental Scientist at our office in Kilcoole, Co. Wicklow.
Verde is an Irish environmental company with over 50 employees and an established network of Irish offices. Verde has exciting and ambitious growth plans which are based on strong foundations of a quality brand developed by a talented team of environment, remediation, safety and risk specialists. Verde develops technical and business-focussed solutions that help to underpin the safe operation, environmental sustainability and ultimate success of our clients. We are keen to grow our existing team in Kilcoole.
We are looking for individuals who want to work in a dynamic and professional working environment, who is committed to helping develop the growth of the business within both new and existing technical disciplines.
Contaminated Land Remediation:
- Assessment of contaminated land sites, including residential, commercial and industrial sites.
- Remediation options appraisals and design.
- Monitoring, assessment & validation of remediation programmes.
Education and Experience:
- Relevant degree in science or engineering.
- Relevant experience contaminated land, environmental monitoring, assessments, etc.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conducting fieldwork on contaminated sites – e.g. site investigations involving sampling of soil, groundwater, surface water, air quality.
- Interpreting fieldwork data – analysis and comparison with relevant guidelines and legislative standards.
- Preparing technical reports.
- Assisting in preparing project proposals and quotations.
- Liaising with clients, landowners and statutory consultees.
- Project budget management.
- Helping in the organisation and management of sub-consultants and sub-contractors and the management of third party contributors to projects.
- Contribution to other projects or duties as may be required.
The role will generally be performed in an office environment, but will require travel and visits to clients’ offices, industrial and remediation job sites.
- Competitive basic.
- Company vehicle.
- A mobile phone.
- Accommodation and expenses as per the company travel policy.
Complete the Application Form with your contact details, job reference number VRS.2017.SES.001, job title, cover letter and CV
Closing date for applications is 5th January 2018.