Senior Environmental Scientist Cork
Job Reference: VEC.2021.SESCork.09)
join us today
the right place for you
Verde is an Irish environmental company with over 60 employees and an established network of Irish offices. Verde has exciting and ambitious growth plans, which are based on strong foundations of a quality brand developed by a talented team of environment, safety and risk specialists. Verde develops technical and business focused solutions that help to underpin the safe operation, environmental sustainability and ultimate success of our clients.
We are keen to grow our existing team in Cork with individuals who want to work in a dynamic and professional working environment, and who are committed to helping develop the growth of the business within both new and existing technical disciplines.
Verde Environmental Consultants Ltd is looking to recruit a Senior Environmental Scientist for its Cork office.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Project manage the delivery of contaminated land assessments and environmental due diligence projects.
- Manage a team of environmental consultants.
- Undertake business development activities and prepare tender documents.
- Ensure that new and existing business is maintained through client liaison.
- Attend weekly project and workload review meetings.
- Conducting fieldwork e.g. site investigations involving sampling of soil, groundwater, surface water, air quality, noise, etc.
- Interpreting fieldwork data i.e. statistical analysis and comparison with relevant guidelines and legislative standards.
- Preparing technical reports for companies, environmental agencies and government bodies.
- Assisting in preparing project proposals and quotations.
- Liaising with clients, landowners and statutory consultees.
- Managing project budgets.
- Organising and managing sub-consultants, sub-contractors and third-party contributors to projects.
- Contributing to other projects or duties as may be required.
- Relevant degree in Science or Engineering.
- 4+ years’ work experience.
- Membership/Chartered Status with a relevant professional body/institute.
- Have a good working knowledge and experience of implementing relevant EU and Irish legislation relating to environmental compliance and management of contaminated land.
- Experience in Hydrogeology desirable.
- Ambitious and a drive to succeed.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Be a strong team player, but it is essential that the candidate is self-motivated.
- Must be flexible to travel when required.
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to engage with people at all levels.
- Competitive – depending on experience.
- Accommodation and expenses as per the company travel policy.
- Company vehicle (subject to meeting approval criteria).
Closing date for applications is 16th June 2021.
Apply now for success