Senior Environmental Consultant
Job Reference: VEC.2023.SECCork.03)
join us today
the right place for you
Verde Environmental Consultants is recruiting for a Senior Environmental Consultant for its Cork office.
Verde develops technical and business focused solutions that help to underpin the safe operation, environmental sustainability and ultimate success of our clients.
As an Irish environmental company with over 60 employees and an established network of Irish offices, Verde has exciting and ambitious growth plans, which are based on strong foundations of a quality brand developed by a talented team of environment, safety and risk specialists.
We are keen to grow our existing team in Cork with individuals who want to work in a dynamic and professional working environment, and who are committed to helping develop the growth of the business within both new and existing technical disciplines.
Senior Environmental Consultant
Due to recent project wins and a strong order book, Verde Environmental Consultants Ltd is looking to recruit a Senior Environmental Consultant based at our Cork office who is committed to helping the growth of the business.
- Project manage the delivery of contaminated land assessments and environmental due diligence projects.
- Undertake business development activities and prepare tender documents.
- Ensure that new and existing business is maintained through client liaison.
- Attend monthly project and workload review meetings.
- Conducting/managing fieldwork e.g., site investigations involving sampling of soil, groundwater, surface water, air quality, noise, etc.
- Interpreting fieldwork data i.e., statistical analysis and comparison with relevant guidelines and legislative standards.
- Preparing technical reports for companies, environmental agencies and government bodies.
- Assisting in preparing project proposals and quotations.
- Liaising with clients, landowners and statutory consultees.
- Managing project budgets.
- Organising and managing sub-consultants, sub-contractors and third-party contributors to projects.
- Contributing to other projects or duties as may be required.
- Relevant Science or Engineering degree.
- Membership/Chartered Status with a relevant professional body/institute.
- At least four years relevant experience in Environmental Consultancy.
- Have a good working knowledge and experience of implementing relevant EU and Irish legislation relating to environmental compliance and management of contaminated land.
- Ambitious and a drive to succeed.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Essential that the candidate is self-motivated as well as being a strong team player
- Must be flexible to travel when required.
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to engage with people at all levels.
What we offer:
- Flexible working between company and home office locations.
- Being part of a dynamic team.
- Competitive salaries and a range of other benefits.
- 21 days annual leave, plus paid bank holidays.
- Paid professional memberships and individual training budgets.
- Tailored training and mentoring schemes to advance your career.
Closing date for applications is 18th April 2023.
Apply now for success