Verde is an Irish environmental company with over 50 employees and an established network of Irish offices in Kilcoole (Wicklow), Cork, Galway and Mayo. Verde has exciting and ambitious growth plans which are based on strong foundations of a quality brand developed by a talented team of environment, safety and risk specialists. Verde develops technical and business-focussed solutions that help to underpin the safe operation, environmental sustainability and ultimate success of our clients.
Environmental Health and Safety Consulting serving the industrial, pharmaceutical, construction and commercial sectors.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparing technical reports for companies, environmental agencies and government bodies.
- Preparing project proposals and quotations.
- Project budget management.
- Conducting fieldwork – e.g. site audits, site investigation and monitoring (air quality, noise, soil, groundwater, surface water, etc.);
- Interpreting fieldwork data – statistical analysis and comparison with relevant guidelines and legislative standards.
- Mentoring and training more junior staff in their duties.
- Liaising with clients, landowners and statutory consultees.
- Liaising with consultants and sub-contractors and various third party contributors to projects.
Education, Experience and Memberships:
- Relevant degree in science or engineering.
- 5+ years work experience in environmental sector.
- Good project management experience.
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Driver’s Licence.
- Related post-graduate qualification.
- Air Quality / Occupational Hygiene/ Noise Assessment experience.
- Membership with a relevant professional body/institute.
Note: Specialist training will be provided where candidate training gaps exist.
- Competitive – depending on experience.
- Accommodation and expenses as per the company travel policy.
- Company vehicle (subject to meeting approval criteria).
Complete the Application Form with your contact details, job reference number: VEC.2019.SECG.008, job title, cover letter and CV.