Senior Contaminated Land Consultant
Job Reference: VEC.2022.SCLC.03
join us today
the right place for you
Verde is an Irish environmental company with over 60 employees and an established network of Irish offices in Ireland i.e. Kilcoole (Wicklow), Cork, Galway and Mayo. Verde has exciting and ambitious growth plans which are based on strong foundations of a quality brand developed by a talented team of environment, safety and risk specialists. Verde develops technical and business-focussed solutions that help to underpin the safe operation, environmental sustainability and ultimate success of our clients.
Verde Environmental Consultants have a great opportunity for a dynamic and motivated Senior Environmental Consultant to join our Contaminated Land & Hydrogeology team based in one of our four offices in Ireland (Wicklow, Cork, Mayo or Galway).
- Coordinating, leading, designing and supporting field projects such as groundwater sampling, drilling, etc. including site attendance for such works.
- Provide technical input on and delivery of contaminated land projects / contaminated land aspects of multidisciplinary projects.
- Pro-actively ensuring Health & Safety organization is a core component of all stages of works (design, planning, implementation, review).
- Capability to support technical and digital aspects such as field electronic data capture, data management using databases, managing field equipment (transducers, probes, etc.).
- Contributing to deliverables by evaluating data and writing text for groundwater monitoring technical memorandums & site investigation reports.
- Supporting technical data interpretation & evaluations including soil and groundwater risk assessments, data visualisation, statistical analyses, etc.
- Undertaking Phase 1 Desk Studies, Phase 2 Site Investigations, remediation design and verification / validation for a range of projects and clients.
- Maintaining knowledge and understanding of European regulatory guidance, risk assessment methodologies, best practices, contaminated land issues, etc.
- Provide technical guidance, constructive support and mentoring to junior staff and supporting their technical development.
- Liaison with clients, stakeholders, regulators, sub-contractors and other internal disciplines.
- Developing own competence and maintain CPD necessary to fulfil the responsibilities of the role, with support from the business on own training and development needs.
- Qualified in a relevant science or engineering subject (e.g. geology, geotechnics, hydrogeology, chemistry, environmental science).
- Ideally chartered with IGI, GeolSoc, IEMA, CIWEM or equivalent or working towards.
- Experience working in the contaminated land industry or as an environmental consultant within consultancy, industry, regulatory or academic fields with a track record in delivering work, client management and stakeholder liaison.
- Understanding of the environmental and regulatory framework with respect to land contamination.
- Experience and knowledge of MMPs, earthworks specifications, piling risk assessments, EIAs, waste management, due diligence and permitting (desirable).
- Excellent technical and numerical skills with an emphasis on quality control, logical thinking and reporting.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Clean driver’s Licence.
- Initiative, energy, enthusiasm, commitment and be flexible in work approach.
- Travel to project sites and meetings.
What we offer:
- Choice of office location between our four locations in Ireland (Wicklow, Cork, Mayo, Galway).
- Flexible working between company and home office locations.
- Being part of a dynamic team.
- Competitive salaries and a range of other benefits.
- 21 days annual leave, plus paid bank holidays.
- Paid professional memberships and individual training budgets.
- Tailored training and mentoring schemes to advance your career.
Closing date for applications is 29th April 2022.
Apply now for success