Verde Environmental Group Ltd is looking for a QHSE Manager to manage its Integrated Management System and to support local Management in establishing and continuously improving the Quality and HSE culture within the organisation. In addition the person will act as H&S Officer for the company and will manage the day to day responsibility for health and safety as prescribed in the company Safety Statement. The successful candidate will also be required to act as Project Supervisor Design Phase for specific projects, where required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Typical duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Carry out work-specific risk assessments, and evaluate their extent and thoroughness
- Develop and implement the overall safety and Health management system, (e.g. monitoring and auditing safety and health performance)
- Participate in workplace inspections and incident investigations where these are required.
- Monitor and maintain the Group’s Integrated Management System (IMS), identifying non-conformance and ensuring preventative and corrective actions are undertaken
- Adhere to ISO standards (ISO9001; ISO14001; ISO 45001)
- Report on and maintain records
- Analyse statistical data periodically and report results to Management (monthly, quarterly, annually)
- Provide gap analysis and or continuous improvements of existing IMS and make recommendations
- Make QHSE presentations & provide training to staff
- Undertake QHSE IMS inductions of new members of staff
- Ensure that safety and health is an integral part of the management process
- Carry out the role of PSDP on selected projects
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3 years in a Quality Health Safety and Environment role or similar with high level of responsibility
- Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (QHSE) background (i.e. Degree in Health and Safety, Environmental Science / Management) or other recognised similar professional training
- NEBOSH safety qualification (or equivalent qualification to demonstrate a level of competency in your role)
- Qualified internal auditor advantageous
- Environmental or civil consultancy or construction industry experience is desirable
- Ambitious and a drive to succeed
- Strong organisational skills are a must for this role, with strong attention to detail
- Must enjoy team work, but it is essential that the candidate is self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Must be flexible to travel for audits and training when required
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to engage with people at all levels
- Willingness to learn
Submissions of interest should be made by sending an email with your CV to:firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the Application Form with your contact details, job reference number VEG.QHSE.2020.001, job title, cover letter and CV.
Closing date for applications is 8th September 2020.