Project Support Environmental Scientist
Job Reference: VRS.2022.PSES.01
join us today
the right place for you
Verde is an Irish environmental company with over 60 employees and an established network of Irish offices. Verde has exciting and ambitious growth plans, which are based on strong foundations of a quality brand developed by a talented team of environment, safety and risk specialists. Verde develops technical and business focused solutions that help to underpin the safe operation, environmental sustainability and ultimate success of our clients.
We are keen to grow our existing team in Kilcoole with 2no. individuals who want to work in a dynamic and professional working environment, and who are committed to helping develop the growth of the business within both new and existing technical disciplines.
Verde Remediation Services is seeking 2no. energetic Project Support Environmental Scientists for its Kilcoole, Co. Wicklow & Galway offices.
The role of the Project Support Environmental Scientist is to help execute contaminated land project reporting and field tasks and other project-related assignments. The Project Support Environmental Scientist is expected to have an Environmental Science degree, have good organisational skills and the ability to learn quickly. The role will be performed both in an office and field environment and is likely to involve nationwide travel. The Project Support Environmental Scientist will work closely with the Project Manager in executing the role and will receive on-the-job training.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Typical duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Preparation (drafting) of contaminated land site assessment reports.
- Preparation of health & safety documentation.
- Phase I and II Site Assessments.
- Collation and interpretation of environmental site assessment data.
- Field sampling, including interim and validation assessment exercises.
- Field installations (e.g. Air extraction system installations, etc).
- Completing project related administration tasks (e.g. purchase orders, material deliveries, subcontractor arrangements, client arrangements, etc).
- Assisting project managers to achieve project objectives.
Accountability and Performance Measures:
- Consistently high-quality report drafting output.
- Achieving high percentage of successfully completed tasks within the time prescribed.
- Helping to achieve Verde’s service target level of 95% for project SLAs.
- Maintaining high customer satisfaction ratings that meet. company standards.
- Minimised customer complaints.
Closing date for applications is 25th February 2022.
Apply now for success