Principal Occupational Hygiene Consultant
Job Reference: VEC.2021.POHC.15
join us today
the right place for you
Verde is an Irish environmental company with over 60 employees and an established network of Irish offices in Kilcoole (Wicklow), Cork, Galway and Mayo. Verde has exciting and ambitious growth plans which are based on strong foundations of a quality brand developed by a talented team of environment, safety and risk specialists. Verde develops technical and business-focussed solutions that help to underpin the safe operation, environmental sustainability and ultimate success of our clients.
Due to recent project wins and a strong order book, Verde Environmental Consultants Ltd is looking to recruit a Principal Occupational Hygiene Consultant (based at one of our four offices) who is committed to helping the growth of the business and manage a busy Occupational Hygiene Department.
Environmental Health and Safety Consulting serving the industrial, pharmaceutical, medical devices manufacturing, chemical manufacturing, construction and commercial sectors.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Designing & leading occupational hygiene assessments and evaluating risks to health in the workplace.
- Interpreting the data – statistical analysis (as per I.S. EN 689) and comparison with relevant guidelines and legislative standards.
- Preparing occupational hygiene reports for our customers.
- Preparing project proposals and quotations.
- Project budget management.
- Mentoring and training more junior staff in their duties.
- Liaising with clients, HSA and other statutory consultees.
- Liaising with consultants, labs and sub-contractors and various third-party contributors to projects.
Education, Experience and Memberships
- Relevant degree/diploma in occupational hygiene.
- 7+ years’ work experience in area of occupational hygiene.
- Excellent knowledge of industry standards and best practice.
- Good project management experience.
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Clean driver’s licence.
- Related post-graduate qualification in occupational hygiene.
- Membership with a OHSI or/and BOHS.
- Knowledge and experience in air emissions assessment and modelling.
Verde supports the professional development of its staff with appropriate training and further education where training gaps exist.
Competitive remuneration package and benefits are provided.
Closing date for applications is 5th November 2021.
Apply now for success