Principal Acoustic Consultant
Job Reference: VEC.2022.Prin.Ac.Con.13)
join us today
the right place for you
Verde Environmental Consultants is recruiting for a Principal or Senior Acoustic Consultant to join our team. The successful candidate will be providing noise impact assessments to a wide variety of clients, as well as acoustic design, continuous noise and vibration monitoring, noise modelling, noise at work and UKAS accredited sound insulation testing.
Working nationwide, the successful candidate will lead on a variety of acoustic projects and help to support the existing acoustic team. The role will be based in our Kilcoole, Co. Wicklow office, with the potential to undertake an element of remote working. Experience in client relationship, business development of a lead area, management, training and mentoring is highly desirable. This varied role will enhance your skills and continue to develop and shape your career in acoustics, affording good career opportunities with a growing, dynamic consultancy.
- Prepare technical reports for companies, environmental agencies and government bodies.
- Prepare project proposals and quotations.
- Manage project budget.
- Conduct environmental and occupational noise assessments.
- Interpret fieldwork data – statistical analysis and comparison with relevant guidelines and legislative standards.
- Mentor and train more junior staff in their duties.
- Liaise with clients, landowners and statutory consultees.
- Liaise with consultants and sub-contractors and various third-party contributors to projects.
- Relevant degree in science, engineering, acoustics or a related discipline or hold the IOA diploma in acoustics and noise control;
- 5+ years’ work experience in acoustics consultancy industry.
- Good project management experience.
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Clean driver’s Licence.
- Relevant consultancy experience post qualification, documented technical project work;
- Knowledge and experience in environmental, occupational and building acoustics.
- Experience in noise modelling and noise impact assessment.
- Membership with a relevant professional body/institute (e.g. IOA , BOHS, SITRI)
What we offer:
- Flexible working between company and home office locations.
- Being part of a dynamic team.
- Competitive salaries and a range of other benefits.
- 21 days annual leave, plus paid bank holidays.
- Paid professional memberships and individual training budgets.
- Tailored training and mentoring schemes to advance your career.
Apply now for success