Principal Acoustic Consultant (VEC.2020.PAC.003)
Verde Environmental Consultants Ltd is looking to recruit a Principal Acoustic Consultant who is committed to helping the growth of the business.
Verde Environmental Group is an Irish environmental company with over 60 employees and an established network of Irish offices in Kilcoole (Wicklow), Cork, Galway and Mayo. Verde has exciting and ambitious growth plans which are based on strong foundations of a quality brand developed by a talented team of environment, safety and risk specialists. Verde develops technical and business-focussed solutions that help to underpin the safe operation, environmental sustainability and ultimate success of our clients.
Environmental Health and Safety Consulting serving the industrial, pharmaceutical, construction and commercial sectors.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparing technical reports for companies, environmental agencies and government bodies.
- Preparing project proposals and quotations.
- Project budget management.
- Conducting environmental and occupational noise assessments
- Interpreting fieldwork data – statistical analysis and comparison with relevant guidelines and legislative standards.
- Mentoring and training more junior staff in their duties.
- Liaising with clients, landowners and statutory consultees.
- Liaising with consultants and sub-contractors and various third-party contributors to projects.
Education, Experience and Memberships:
- Relevant degree in science or engineering.
- 5+ years’ work experience in acoustics.
- Good project management experience.
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Driver’s Licence.
- Related post-graduate qualification in acoustics.
- Knowledge and experience in environmental, occupational and building acoustics
- Experience in noise modelling and noise impact assessment
- Membership with a relevant professional body/institute (eg IOA , BOHS, SITRI)
Note: Specialist training will be provided where candidate training gaps exist.
- Competitive – depending on experience.
- Accommodation and expenses as per the company travel policy.
- Company vehicle (subject to meeting approval criteria).
- At one of our Irish office locations – Kilcoole (Wicklow), Cork, Galway or Mayo.
Complete the Application Form with your contact details, job reference number VEC.2020.PAC.003, job title, cover letter and CV
Closing date for applications is 31st March 2020.