Principal Acoustic Consultant
Job Reference: VEC.2021.PAC.19
join us today
the right place for you
Verde is an Irish environmental company with over 60 employees and an established network of Irish offices in Kilcoole (Wicklow), Cork, Galway and Mayo. Verde has exciting and ambitious growth plans which are based on strong foundations of a quality brand developed by a talented team of environment, safety and risk specialists. Verde develops technical and business-focussed solutions that help to underpin the safe operation, environmental sustainability and ultimate success of our clients.
Due to recent project wins and a strong order book, Verde Environmental Consultants Ltd is looking to recruit a Principal Acoustic Consultant in the Republic of Ireland (based at one of our four offices) who is committed to helping the growth of the business.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will demonstrate work experience in environmental and occupational acoustics serving the industrial, pharmaceutical, construction and commercial sectors and will be expected to:
- Prepare technical reports for companies, environmental agencies and government bodies.
- Prepare project proposals and quotations.
- Manage project budget.
- Conduct environmental and occupational noise assessments.
- Interpret fieldwork data – statistical analysis and comparison with relevant guidelines and legislative standards.
- Mentor and train more junior staff in their duties.
- Liaise with clients, landowners and statutory consultees.
- Liaise with consultants and sub-contractors and various third-party contributors to projects.
Education, Experience and Memberships:
- Relevant degree in science or engineering.
- 5+ years’ work experience in acoustics.
- Good project management experience.
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Clean driver’s licence.
- Related post-graduate qualification in acoustics.
- Knowledge and experience in environmental, occupational and building acoustics.
- Experience in noise modelling and noise impact assessment.
- Membership with a relevant professional body/institute (e.g. IOA , BOHS, SITRI).
Verde supports the professional development of its staff with appropriate training and further education where training gaps exist.
Competitive remuneration package and benefits are provided.
Closing date for applications is 5th November 2021.
Apply now for success