Job Reference: VRS.2022.GrdWrk.10)
join us today
the right place for you
Verde Remediation Services is a high quality service provider in the remediation of contaminated land. Our typical clients include all major insurers, oil companies, legal firms, local authorities and private individuals.
We are keen to grow our existing field teams with individuals who are committed to helping develop the growth of the business.
Verde Remediation Services is seeking Ground Workers covering sites natiowide.
The role of the Remediation Groundworker is to carry out the decontamination of sites, including the removal of contaminated materials, installation of temporary engineering supports, installation and operation of remediation treatment systems, ongoing site assessment and reinstatement of sites to their original condition. A positive attitude, good communication, a willingness to work well with people and a dedication to providing good customer service are essential attributes for our ideal candidate. All candidates will have a background in construction and general site work and will have a keen interest in learning new skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Typical duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Conduct remediation of contaminated sites according to agreed project tasks and guidelines as set out by the remediation scope of works; works will include tasks such as excavations, water control, demolition/replacement works, general groundworks, installation and operation of remediation systems, site reinstatement works, other construction works.
- Prepare each site properly and make sure that health & safety is to the forefront of all preparation.
- Organise & manage the delivery, collection or otherwise of materials, goods or services to or from the site under your control.
- Keep all sites tidy & safe at all times
- Liaise with the project team on each site and manage the progress of work tasks on site.
- Manage Health & Safety issues on site & report any non-conformance to your site supervisor.
- Carry out interim assessments of the progress of works, which may include retrieving soil, groundwater and air samples.
- Complete good quality site information notes & associated paperwork & submit to the project team via mobile app.
- Attend training as set out for you by the Company.
- Aid in the training of new employees on site, as needed.
- Attend and fully participate in field staff meetings and toolbox talks, as required
- Ensure that site equipment is checked before use and defects are reported promptly to warehousing
- Communicate in a positive manner to clients, suppliers, the public and to your colleagues.
Desired skills and qualifications
- Skilled in general building construction and/or groundworks.
- Full, clean driver’s license.
- Safepass and CSCS tickets (e.g. LUGS, Manual Handling, 360 excavator, etc).
- Excellent attention to health and safety at work.
- Experience in customer service or care.
- Experience in managing or being part of small site teams.
Closing date for applications: 12th December 2022.