Graduate Environmental Scientist
Job Reference: VEC.2021.GradES.22
join us today
the right place for you
Verde is an Irish environmental company with over 60 employees and an established network of Irish offices in Ireland i.e. Kilcoole (Wicklow), Cork, Galway and Mayo. Verde has exciting and ambitious growth plans which are based on strong foundations of a quality brand developed by a talented team of environment, safety and risk specialists. Verde develops technical and business-focussed solutions that help to underpin the safe operation, environmental sustainability and ultimate success of our clients.
Due to recent project wins and a strong order book, Verde Environmental Consultants Ltd is looking to recruit a Graduate Environmental Scientist for its Cork office who wants to work in a dynamic and professional working environment, and who is committed to helping develop the growth of the business within both new and existing technical disciplines.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Undertaking desktop studies and reporting.
- Conducting fieldwork – e.g. site investigations involving sampling of soil, air quality, noise, groundwater, surface water, etc.
- Liaising with site investigation contractors and laboratories.
- Interpreting fieldwork data – statistical analysis and comparison with relevant guidelines and legislative standards.
- Preparing technical reports for companies, environmental agencies and government bodies.
- Assist in preparing project proposals and quotations.
- Project budget management.
- Liaising with clients, landowners and statutory consultees.
- Liaising with consultants and sub-contractors and various third party contributors to projects.
- Contribution to other projects or duties as may be required.
Education, Experience and Memberships:
- Relevant degree in Science or Engineering.
- 1+ years’ experience in Environmental sector.
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Be prepared to work throughout Ireland as required.
- Clean driver’s licence.
- Related post-graduate qualification.
- GIS Experience.
- Experience in Hydrogeology.
- Membership with a relevant professional body/institute.
Verde supports the professional development of its staff with appropriate training and further education where training gaps exist.
Competitive remuneration package and benefits are provided.
Closing date for applications is 5th November 2021.
Apply now for success