Graduate Environmental Field Scientist
Job Reference: VRS.2021.GEFSK2.16)
join us today
the right place for you
Verde is an Irish environmental company with over 60 employees and an established network of Irish offices. Verde has exciting and ambitious growth plans, which are based on strong foundations of a quality brand developed by a talented team of environment, safety and risk specialists. Verde develops technical and business focused solutions that help to underpin the safe operation, environmental sustainability and ultimate success of our clients.
We are keen to grow our existing team in Kilcoole with 2no. individuals who want to work in a dynamic and professional working environment, and who are committed to helping develop the growth of the business within both new and existing technical disciplines.
Verde Remediation Services is seeking 2no. energetic Graduate Environmental Field Scientists for its Kilcoole, Co. Wicklow office. The role of the Environmental Field Scientist is to help execute Phase I and Phase II contaminated land site investigations, remediation field tasks and other project-related assignments. The Environmental Field Scientist is expected to have an Environmental Science or related degree, have good organisational skills and to have the ability to learn quickly. The role will be performed mainly in field/site environments and will involve nationwide travel and overnight stays.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Typical duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Phase I and II Site Assessments relating to land contaminated with oil, including the coring/boring of sampling boreholes and the extraction of soil and water samples for testing.
- Preparation of samples for lab analysis.
- Field sampling, including interim and validation assessment exercises.
- Field installations (e.g. Air extraction system installations, etc.).
- Remediation system installation, maintenance and monitoring.
- Preparation and completion of health & safety documentation.
- Collation and interpretation of environmental site assessment data.
- Preparation (drafting) of contaminated land site assessment reports.
- Assisting project managers to achieve project objectives.
Accountabilities and Performance Measures
- Producing consistent, high quality site investigation and assessment output.
- Helping to achieve zero incident ratings.
- Achieving high percentage of successfully completed tasks within the time prescribed.
- Maintaining high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards.
- Minimise customer complaints.
Closing date for applications is 1st October 2021.
Apply now for success