Verde Remediation Services is seeking an Environmental Scientist / Engineer
Verde Remediation Services is a high quality service provider in the remediation of contaminated land. Our typical clients include all major insurers, oil companies, legal firms and local authorities.
Verde is highly attuned to the prompt and efficient delivery of our services to our clients and we are currently seeking a service-oriented and motivated individual to fill the position of Environmental Scientist / Engineer. The role is likely to span across several different sectors of our business, although will be primarily focused in the execution and management of contaminated land remediation projects.
The Environmental Scientist/Engineer, in consultation with Project Directors, is expected to develop, implement and finalise remediation projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This will include the assessment of contaminated sites, undertaking remediation options appraisals and the development and implementation of remediation design. The Environmental Scientist/Engineer will also help to develop and execute remediation projects’ objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
The successful candidate is expected to have sufficient technical knowledge and awareness of details to be able to recognise when technical problems are developing in the various disciplines, and to suggest and initiate appropriate corrective actions. Relationship management and client satisfaction is a key requirement during projects, including regular interaction with the Client, designated representative or interested third parties. The successful candidate will be based in our Kilcoole office.
- An Environmental Science or Engineering Degree or similar
- 2 years practical experience in the contaminated land environment
- Experience in working with multiple discipline projects
- Experience in understanding environmental issues & their resolution (e.g. contaminated land remediation) will be a distinct advantage
- Practical, on-the-ground knowledge of working sites
- Excellent science and IT skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Good teamworking skills
- Confident decision-making ability
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to work within budgets and to deadlines
- The ability to react to work and project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently
- A good knowledge of relevant legal regulations
- Patience and the ability to deal with people
- A strong belief in high quality service delivery
Work outside of normal hours may be necessary as work loads’ dictate. This may include weekdays and/or weekends. The role will generally be performed in an office environment, but will require travel and visits to clients’ offices, industrial and remediation job sites and there is flexibility in the role to allow for remote/home working at times.
Applications can be made by emailing your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.