Environmental Health and Safety Specialist
Job Reference: VEC.2021.EHSS.001)
join us today
the right place for you
Verde is an Irish environmental company with over 60 employees and an established network of Irish offices. Verde has exciting and ambitious growth plans, which are based on strong foundations of a quality brand developed by a talented team of environment, safety and risk specialists. Verde develops technical and business focused solutions that help to underpin the safe operation, environmental sustainability and ultimate success of our clients.
We are keen to grow our existing team in Kilcoole with no. 2 individuals who want to work in a dynamic and professional working environment, and who are committed to helping develop the growth of the business within both new and existing technical disciplines.
Verde Environmental Consultants Ltd (Verde) is seeking to recruit an experienced Environmental Health and Safety Scientist for one of its regional offices in Galway, Cork or Wicklow. The role will initially involve working from home (due to Covid restrictions) and using one of our regional offices as a base. Location is flexible thereafter.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparing technical reports for companies, environmental agencies and government bodies.
- Conducting fieldwork – e.g. site audits, site investigation and monitoring (air quality, noise, soil, water etc.).
- Interpreting fieldwork data – statistical analysis and comparison with relevant guidelines and legislative standards.
- Preparing project proposals and quotations.
- Liaising with clients, landowners and statutory consultees.
- Liaising with consultants and sub-contractors and various third-party contributors to projects.
- Relevant degree in science or engineering.
- 3+ years’ work experience.
- Good project management experience.
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Driver’s Licence.
- Related post-graduate qualification.
- Air Quality / Occupational Hygiene/ Noise Assessment experience.
- Membership with a relevant professional body/institute (e.g. OHSI, BOHS, IOSH, IOA)
Note: Specialist training will be provided where candidate training gaps exist.
- Competitive – depending on experience.
- Accommodation and expenses as per the company travel policy.
- Company vehicle (subject to meeting approval criteria).
Closing date for applications is 28th January 2021.
Apply now for success