The Verde Environmental Group has an ongoing requirement for talented people to join its growing team in the areas of Environmental Consultancy, Civil & Structural Engineering, Environmental Drilling, Contaminated Land Remediation and Property Damage Restoration. The Group offers a rewarding, stimulating environment with ample opportunities for motivated people to acquire new skills, technical expertise and career advancement.
Speculative job applications are always welcome – please complete and submit the Job Application Form.
Verde Remediation Services is currently looking for an experienced Environmental Field Technician. We seek a technically proficient individual that has strong field capabilities and can convey thoughts and ideas in a clear, concise manner. Excellent communication, organisation and prioritisation skills will be necessary to work in our collaborative team-oriented offices; strong interpersonal skills are a must.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform phase II site investigations, with soil, sediment, water and groundwater sampling and air sampling.
- Perform operations and maintenance (O&M) of groundwater and soil remediation systems.
- Operation of field instrumentation.
- Ability to fill out chain of custody forms, ship samples as required.
- Collect and tabulate scientific data.
- Complete daily field reports documenting sampling, monitoring, O&M, and other site activities.
- Act as site safety officer, as required.
- Any other duties assigned.
- Environmental or Engineering diploma/degree or similar – we will also consider sufficient relevant experience 3+ years professional experience.
- Ability to work on site.
- Ability to travel and work remotely as required.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Self-motivated, able to follow through with challenging field and office assignments.
- Experience with pneumatic and electric submersible pumps, electric control panels, and piping.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective organisational skills and time management skills.
- Flexibility to work on a multitude of diverse project tasks.
- Eagerness to acquire new skills and meet new challenges.
- Ability to manage subcontractors.
- Ability to work well in a project team and a fast paced environment.
- Attention to detail on field notes and data quality.
- Excellent attention to Health and Safety.
- Experience with Industrial and Oil & Gas clients.
- Experience working on active domestic properties and industrial and petroleum facilities preferred.
- Experience working with and maintaining groundwater and soil vapor remediation systems preferred.
- Any experience operating heavy machinery (forklift, excavator, skid steer, etc.) desirable.
- Metal fabrication skills desirable.
What We Offer
When you join Verde, you become part of a company that is vibrant, fast-paced and supports our staff in learning and developing. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Complete the Application Form with your contact details, job reference number, job title, cover letter and CV.
Closing date for applications is 15th March 2019.