ROW—Oil On Water Detector
Remote Optical Watcher (ROW) is an advanced early detection system for oil on water. Embodying LDI’s 20 years’ experience in fluorescence detection and analysis, the device selectively senses oils only, allowing rapid response to oil spills while minimising false alarms. It can be rapidly setup and integrated with other sensors or third party systems to provide a complete monitoring solution.
The ability to operate in all weather conditions makes ROW suitable for deployment in many areas ranging from steel mills and petrochemical facilities to public water ways, water treatment facilities and environmentally sensitive areas. ROW is the most cost effective early spill detection system available on the market today.
Features of the ROW system include:
- Autonomous non-contact UV sensor for detection of oil on water
- Highly accurate with Industry leading sensitivity – 1µm
- Reduced false alarms through advanced software algorithms
- 24/7 operation in harsh environments
- Robust IP68 certified hermetic design
- 5 year LED-lifetime
- Low power consumption of < 2W
- Easy remote operation off the grid (with optional solar panels & battery)
- Compact footprint & robust design
- Low weight