Verde Environmental Consultants Ltd is looking to recruit an Environmental Scientist for each of its Kilcoole, Co. Wicklow and Galway offices.
Verde is an Irish environmental company with over 50 employees and an established network of Irish offices. Verde has exciting and ambitious growth plans, which are based on strong foundations of a quality brand developed by a talented team of environment, safety and risk specialists. Verde develops technical and business focused solutions that help to underpin the safe operation, environmental sustainability and ultimate success of our clients. We are keen to grow our existing teams in Kilcoole and Galway.
We are looking for individuals who want to work in a dynamic and professional working environment, and who are committed to helping develop the growth of the business within both new and existing technical disciplines.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conducting fieldwork e.g. site investigations involving sampling of soil, groundwater, surface water, air quality, noise, etc.
- Interpreting fieldwork data i.e. statistical analysis and comparison with relevant guidelines and legislative standards.
- Preparing technical reports for companies, environmental agencies and government bodies.
- Assisting in preparing project proposals and quotations.
- Liaising with clients, landowners and statutory consultees.
- Managing project budgets.
- Organising and managing sub-consultants, sub-contractors and third-party contributors to projects.
- Contributing to other projects or duties as may be required.
Education, Experience and Memberships:
- Relevant degree in Science or Engineering.
- Relevant experience in environmental monitoring, impact assessment, waste, etc.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Related post-graduate qualification.
- Membership with a relevant professional body/institute.
Applications can be made by emailing your CV and cover letter to email@example.com, quoting the relevant reference number in the subject line i.e. for the position in Kilcoole, Co. Wicklow: VEC.17.ESK-001; for the position in Galway: VEC.17.ESG-001
Closing date for applications is 24th September 2017.